10.08.2006

Happy Thoughts

I'm feeling really happy. Life is good. I have so much to be thankful for...

Delaney's curiousity, energy, determination, and love for her daddy just amazes me. Sometimes I can't help but wonder how we ever lived without her?!

I am so thankful for my grandparents and the relationship that we share. We visited them today and it just makes me so glad that Delaney has the opportunity to know them. They get such joy out of watching this young, energetic little girl go from one thing to another and leave a path of destruction behind her. Grandpa is so cute, he tries his best to child-proof his place before we get there, but it never fails that Delaney still gets into trouble of some kind. Today she broke a closet door (the flimsy kind that is on a track, maybe called bifold?) and I was nervous Grandpa was going to get all bent out of shape about it, but he was very calm and said he'd look at it when we left. There was a message when we get home that he had already fixed it. Phew!

As I prepare for my sister-in-law's baby shower next weekend I am full of SUCH excitement. I am so anxious to be an aunt! Oops, I almost started writing about some very fun details that I have planned for the shower but I just realized that DJ and Sandi read this. Sorry guys, but you'll have to wait and see for yourselves. Delaney is going to be the greatest cousin too...she just couldn't get enough of our friend's baby boy in church today and I kept picturing her with Chase. She is going to be a very loving (and grabby) cousin. We'll keep working on that last quality...

Fall is my favorite time of year! I am loving the colorful mums, pumpkin patches, apple cider, corn stalks, sweaters, and leaves. I saw the neatest carved pumpkin recently that I'm anxious to copy. Picture this, different sized circles all over the pumpkin, in no certain pattern or anything. Paul thinks it was done with a drill and different sized bits. However it was done, I LOVED it and want to try it myself. First I need to find out what a drill bit is...

I'm so thankful for my friends. Katy got me totally hooked on texting a few months ago and we have so much fun with that just about every day. We've been busy texting quotes from Adam Sandler movies and I think this week's theme will be--The Wedding Singer. I think I already started it last night with the Julia Gulia comment. I had a girl's night out on Friday with Katy, Nicole, and Kelly and we went to a fondue restaraunt in Legacy Village. We laugh so much when we're together. I thought it was hilarious that when our dinner was just about over we started joking about being ready for our real meal to get brought out. Having one piece of chicken or veggie on the plate at a time just wasn't cutting it! The rescue spoon provided us with lots of laughs and the car ride home was even better. I love you girls and look forward to our next get together.

I'm running out of time, but am not done with my list, so here are the rest of the happy thoughts that I have on my mind:
Great church service today. I'm so proud of Paul:)
Delaney's doing great with my cousin while we're at work.
Paul looks super cute with his new haircut.
No school this Friday:)
New Wal-Mart in town.
My comfy bed with clean sheets that I can't wait to jump into tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for being happy! Sounds like you have tons to be happy about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:56 PM

    Denise,
    I'm so happy to read this. You make me smile! Thank you for letting me be part of your happiness. I'm so glad we found eachother's friendship. Hope all went well this weekend. I can't wait to hear all about the shower.
    -Katy

    ReplyDelete