1.05.2008

Happy 2008!

Happy New Year! I feel inspired to blog today after reading my friend Kelly's new blog. Maybe I can get back into a routine and stay in touch a little better in 2008.

The holidays were great! It was so nice to have so much time to spend with Paul and Delaney. We didn't travel anywhere, which was wonderful. Everyone came to us:) That was very much appreciated. We had three nights of "Christmas" in a row. First with my mom, then with my in-laws, then with my dad. It was busy, but the food and company were great. Paul started to tell Delaney that we were Jewish and the story of Hanukkah. She definitely enjoyed all the gift opening, and especially Santa. We sprinkled reindeer food on the ground the night before to help guide Santa to our house and left out a cookie and milk. She was thrilled in the morning to eat the nibble of cookie that he left behind on the plate. She was so excited:) Each Christmas just gets more fun!


I can't believe that I'm due at the end of this month! It's gone so quickly. I am going to see my ob every week now and yesterday was my first internal exam. Soft cervix but no dilation yet. Can't I just be 1 cm?! Give me a little hope here:) Maybe next week. I've really been emotional lately- just thinking about how our time with just Miss Delaney will be gone. She's been our entire universe and it's hard to imagine splitting up our time. I just don't want her to feel left out at all or neglected. That is what I'm most worried about. Forget about the labor and delivery, my mind is looking ahead to the balancing act that will need to take place. I know people do it, and do it well, so I'm sure we'll get the hang of it too. Just hard to imagine the dynamics of our family changing so drastically.

4 comments:

  1. Denise,
    So glad to see you have a blog! I know you and Paul will be great at the "balancing act." After all, you have God on your side! You two are amazing parents, and it's just fair that another child is lucky enough to be loved and raised by you two. I can't wait to meet the new baby! Rylie and she will be great friends, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:26 AM

    look how cute you are!! and you will do fine with two! it is scary to think about, but just wait till you see how you automatically know just how to love them both, at the same time and with the same amount! its pretty amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year's to you too! I can't wait to hear about the arrival of baby Hagan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Hi Denise!
    Thanks for posting on our blog. I was so happy when Kelly told me you had a blog too! Now I can visit more often as Kelly has linked your blog to hers. I love the picture of you and Delany (Sorry if I spelled her name wrong). Take good care of yourself and can't wait to mee you new little girl!

    ReplyDelete