5.02.2008

Today's visit

Just wanted to thank everyone for your thoughts today:) The appointment went well and I really appreciated this neurologist's bedside manner. Instead of sitting at his computer reviewing his notes for the first 10 minutes of our visit he actually interacted with us from the start. Amazing idea?! Also, instead of reviewing any of her previous medical records he wanted to hear Delaney's whole story for himself from start to finish. I could have talked for hours! He kept asking me to slow down. I just get on a roll, what can I say. So when I covered all the bases I concluded by saying what my suspicion was. He didn't seem to fully agree, but is going to be sure that he tests for it if the genetic doctor didn't previously. He is going to spend some time over the next few days reviewing the testing and test results that has been done in the past to be sure that he doesn't repeat anything and put her through anything that she doesn't need to be put through. He said he'll be in touch with me in a couple of days to tell us what the next step will be. He also mentioned that if does turn out that she has AS that we'll be the second set of parents that he's had to diagnosis their child with this before he did. Parents know their children better than anyone else and I still am confident that we've hit the nail on the head here. My mom ran into a neighbor who knows a teenager with AS and is getting along much better in life than the picture I painted in my head initially. I'm feeling much better about this possible diagnosis now. I just want to be sure we're doing all we can and continue to enjoy Delaney for the ray of sunshine that she brings to so many of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy you are working with a doc that took the time to listen and appears to care about Delaney's case. Best wishes for some peace of mind, my friend.

    ReplyDelete