I think that Paul has had a happy day. I am thankful that I got to spend Father's Day with Paul and my dad today:) The celebrating started on Friday when I surprised Paul with a tee time bright and early with his golfing buddy. Although it was an exhausting day he enjoyed his time out. Today he shared his day with Makenna, who was baptized this morning. I love it that she wore the baptismal gown that my mom, Delaney, and I all wore when we were baptized too. She cried through the entire ceremony, while Delaney stood up front with us sucking her thumb. Then, right in the middle of the ceremony, she walked right up to our friend who was videotaping and wanted to see the footage. After our pastor baptized Makenna, Delaney asked for some water for her head too. Through all of the randomness, I felt so blessed to be surrounded by our family, friends, and church family. We enjoyed celebrating new beginnings today and hope to do our very best raising Makenna the way our dear Lord wants us to. I'll try and post more pics from our fun day in a week when I get back from our vacation to my mother-in-law's.

No comments:
Post a Comment