8.23.2008

August snippets that turned into a novel

Here are a few snippets about what's been going on these past few weeks...

Trip to Grand Rapids to see Dave, Sandi, and Chase. They are my most favorite peeps to visit. Such great hosts and they always plan fun things to do when we're there. The guys went golfing twice and we all headed to the Children's Museum one day. Sandi and I are trying to come up with a new sport that we can claim for ourselves. Does going to a beach or park by ourselves to just read and relax seem reasonable? I don't see why not:)

Planning Delaney's Wiggle themed fourth birthday party. Paul and I keep coming up with fun ideas. I think I might be a little more excited than she'll be, but that's pretty much always the case. She does love the Wiggles though, so I think she's going to have a great time. Especially since the happy birthday song and yummies will be involved. Her favs. As Paul and I have talked about what the menu should be for lunch, he thought cold spaghetti, fruit salad, and hot potatoes would be appropriate. Hmmmm, not so sure.

The Olympics have been on in our house practically every night. Paul's completely addicted. I am glad swimming is over. That lasted forever! Gymnastics is always my favorite. Synchornized swimming is so beautiful! I still cringe and feel a little sick to my stomach thinking about the Americans dropping the baton in the relays. I feel so badly for the runners involved:(

Bob the frog has been on a "vacation". That was a wise idea on his part to find a new place to live. His life was seriously on the line. Delaney misses him and hopes he'll return from his trip soon.


Date night tonight! Paul and I have been spoiled lately and have had a lot of fun outings. Our wonderful babysitter is leaving for college in a week and a half, so we've been trying to take advantage of her services as much as possible lately. Glad we're rich and can keep paying for a babysitter! (VERY kidding)

JUST had a wonderfully unexpected visit with my friend Josefina! I so miss you and your smile. Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Missing Paul as his days at school have begun. WHERE did the summer go?! I'll be home from school one more year on my child rearing leave of absence and am thankful each day for this opportunity to be home with my girls. Delaney starts preschool after Labor Day and I'm going to miss her like crazy too. We've worked hard all summer on potty training with the incentive being that she could ride the bus home from school this year. She's so excited! I'm so anxious to be that photo crazy mom that watches her little girl get off the bus for the first time. The bus driver is going to hate me!

We just finished up our 7th course in our master's program. Only 3 more to go! Yeah!!!

Some pictures...
Fun mirror at the Grand Rapids Children's Museum


Delaney sure does miss her froggy friend

Makenna is seven months old now and has such an adorable personality!

My bests... Katy and Tina. Celebrating Tina's 30th birthday.

Beach bums...


The other shots with Grandpa leading up to this one were funny

Makenna's favorite silly face

No comments:

Post a Comment