I've been meaning to share a wonderful tip that was recently passed onto me. Do your towels ever smell a little funky? Well, ours do and I was getting sick of drying off and putting this foul smell to my face. As if hurrying through a 2 minute shower wasn't bad enough!!! So my mil shared a great tip with me--add white vinegar to your load of towels and wallah..no more stank. She was right! White vinegar has become a new purchase of mine on a semi-regular basis. You can get the huge jug of it at Wal-Mart for $2.08 and it lasts for several loads. I don't measure how much I put in, but it's probably 3 or 4 cups at least. I add it to the warm water as it's filling, as well as the detergent, then let it do it's magic on my towels. No worries, neither you nor your towels will smell like salad dressing in the end. There will be no smell at all:)
Do you have any uses for white vinegar to pass on?! I'm a little obsessed by this stuff lately:)
12.12.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I clean everything with a mixture of white vinegar and water 1:1. We clean bathroom sinks, bathtubs, bathroom counters, kitchen counters, mirrors, refrigerator shelves, and so much more. I'll give you the article how you can add baking soda to vinegar too for toilet scrubbing. It's much safer than bleach when little ones are around! I prefer not to injest bleach too while in the kitchen! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, it will smell at first, but will go away! Much cheaper and safer alternative!
ReplyDeletecheck out this site too.. http://www.thenewhomemaker.com/vinegar
ReplyDeleteGreat tip and much needed here!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great cleaning tip. I don't even think I have any vinegar in the house (other than balsamic) so I'll have to add it to my shopping list!
ReplyDelete