1. Celebrated my 30th birthday on June 10th. It was a great day! Had a fun partay with friends and enjoyed visiting with people that I wish I got together with more often. It didn't bother me turning 30 one bit. Hopefully this decade will be another great one:)

2. My encouragement (aka nagging) finally convinced Paul to cut off his hair. Hooray!!! It was long. Like way too long in my book. His 3 inch mane looked puffy, greasy and just plain gross. He buzzed it off one day and completely surprised Delaney and I. He walked into the kitchen and I saw Delaney tilt her head in disbelief and she started laughing. Who was this hot guy walking into our kitchen??? He looks great and his head is shaped so perfectly. I love it and he does too thankfully:)

3. We've been using the zoo pass that my students gave me at the end of the year. One of the best gifts I've ever gotten! It's a family pass and we've really been enjoying it so far. My favorite exhibit are the chimps. I could watch them all day. I saw this fiesty little baby chimp pick up a wad of poop, run after his mom, and throw it at her! Delaney didn't really get what was happening, thank goodness.

4. Swimming has taken on a whole new meaning to Delaney this summer. She is an absolute fish! We put water wings on her arms and she just digs floating on her own. She loves to go under water and wanted to Paul to keep throwing her up in the air so that she could get dunked when she came down. I think we may have a future swimmer on our hands!
5. Taking two grad classes this whole summer is not fun but it takes up a lot of time, so I had to include it on the list. I will not hesitate to admit that I'd love to just drop the money and get my degree in return without having to do all the work. Why didn't I do this earlier???? Ugh!
6. Took Delaney to watch fireworks this year for the first time and she really enjoyed them. She was simply in awe of what she saw and calls them boom booms.

7. Finally, the biggest event this past month...
We were REALLY surprised by this news but are VERY excited about the plans that God must have in store for us. Since Delaney is completely obsessed with babies lately, we know that she's more than excited. A little Hagan will be joining us around the end of January:)
Hi Denise! It sounds like you've had an incredible summer! And many, many happy CONGRATS on your fun news about a new little Hagan! I am so happy for you, Paul and Delaney!
ReplyDeletecongrats denise!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! How exciting for all of you!
ReplyDelete~jos
Congrats Denise, Paul and Delaney!What wonderful news!
ReplyDeleteCathy
Thanks for sharing your wonderful news. We are all very happy for you :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We are so excited to hear your fantastic news! You have so much to look forward to. Delaney is going to be a great big sister.
ReplyDelete