9.10.2008
just plain weird
I'm not a perfect parent and will never claim to be one. I'll be the first to admit that I need to work on TONS of things, especially having patience and trying to stop giving in just to end Delaney's repeated requests for something. With that in mind, I need to say that I don't usually point out flaws in other moms (maybe in dads, but not moms, jk) because I know we're all doing what we think is in the best interest for our kiddos. Let me just cut to the chase. Today in the grocery store I witnessed something that just blew me away. I still cannot believe that I witnessed what I did. You know how some thumbsuckers like to hold onto something while they suck their thumb? Delaney twists her shirt, Makenna holds onto a soft little blanket, some kids twirl hair, etc. I go to pass this mom and her daughter who is probably four years old and I see her holding onto.... no, I blink my eyes.... you're not serious that she's honestly holding onto and rubbing that against her face....another blink. THE GIRL IS SERIOUSLY HOLDING ONTO A PAIR OF HER MOM'S SILK PANTIES! That is just insane that someone would ever even let their child get attached to something like that! There are plenty of other silky things out there that you could give your kid, don't tell me you couldn't help it that she got attached to your underwear. We kept passing this girl who was talking a mile a minute and in complete sentences and I just couldn't believe what I was witnessing. It's stuff like that which makes me feel like my downfalls aren't so bad or weird after all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL! Was it a thong? jk
ReplyDeleteoh wow.
ReplyDeleteyeah. id be posting about that one too.
Just too funny:)
ReplyDeleteCathy
Let's all hope for everyone's sake they were clean! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the new background, Denise! I may have to try to figure that out too!
That is one of the oddest things I have ever heard...and it made for a good chuckle!
ReplyDeleteoh my god!! i can't beleive that. just when you think your kids does the wierdest things...hahaha!
ReplyDelete