11.30.2008

thankful

We just got back home yesterday from a great trip to my mil's for Thanksgiving. A lot of Paul's family came in town, as well, so it was truly a time for focusing on what's most important in our lives. Delaney loved seeing Grandma and Drake, Makenna loved eating all of the yummy food, Paul loved playing games practically all day long (and winning them too!), and I just loved being with everyone. As I've gotten older, I've become more sentimental this time of year as I reflect on the blessings that I've been given. This year wasn't any different. So many moments keep coming and going that I wish I could just soak them in more fully. Life is passing us all by faster than I want.

Here are a few pics from our trip to Mary's...




We've been decorating all day today and this year Paul decided to try something new. We have lofted ceilings in our great room with six different windows up high. Since he always enjoys being a little obscure, he started putting random holiday decor on the high window sills. Here's a look at his work...





*Disclaimer--no children were injured during the decorating process:)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:16 AM

    I love the disclaimer. It sounds like you had a really nice time! Your kids are getting so unbelievably big and Makenna is a mini-Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:28 PM

    great pics denise!! love the turkey bib :)

    ReplyDelete