Happy New Year! I usually don't make any official New Year's resolutions, but this year I've made a few. So far I think that I'm doing a pretty good job with them. Only 356 more days to go! On my list this year are to make entries on my blog at least once a week (I just made this resolution this weeekend), floss more regularly, don't sweat the small stuff, and work on "shining". I think that working on my blog will be a great way to document the day to day things that I may not normally remember. Through scrapbooking I love to preserve the memories behind my pictures, and this will preserve the stories that may not make it into my albums. Flossing made it on my list this year because I just recently had my first cavity. I was so shocked when my dentist told me that I had one. For some reason I thought that I was going to continue with this lucky streak. Paul, Mom, my brother Dan, and my friend Tina all gave me the inside scoop on what the process was going to be like. It WAS just as bad as I pictured it to be. I don't want that to happen again, so I will be flossing more. After recently having to make the very difficult decision of having to go back to work in the fall, I've realized that I'm not going to sweat the small stuff anymore (or as much). I'm going to spend more time on the floor with Delaney and less time trying to feel "caught up" around the house. Not to worry, our house isn't going to become overrun with dirt or anything, but I'm just not going to worry if every toy is put away at the end of each day anymore and that kind of thing. Spending quality time with Paul and Delaney is what matters most to me, so the housework can wait. My last resolution is to shine more as a Christian. Paul and I made this a joint resolution because we feel that we know where we stand with our beliefs but we often wonder if we act and treat others as the Christians that we feel we are. Along with this, I'd like to be more involved serving my church and the Lord. I'm hoping to start a small couples group in a couple months that meets regularly so that myself and others can be held accountable for goals that we make. Anyone interested in joining this group, please let me know!
As for speaking of feeling accountable, I sure do now that I've shared my resolutions for 2006 with you! What are yours?
1.09.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! What a heartfelt posting. Again, good for you! Your resolutions are very thoughtful and unselfish. My resolutions this year are to take better care of myself so I can take care of others better and not to sweat the small stuff. Both are going to be challenging and so far I've done ok, but there is always room for improvement!
ReplyDelete