Three day weekends are always such fun! The most exciting part of the weekend was Paul's 8th grade basketball team winning the championship on Saturday. He was so proud of his team for the hard work that they put into the season and the final tournament. I am so proud of Paul for the time and energy that he's put into his team. He really enjoys coaching-especially after such a big victory! Before the final two games he saw his team huddle up and pray together. He was pleasantly surprised because they've never done this before. Afterwards, he asked them if they go to church regularly. Many of them said no, but they said they wanted to pray because they've seen some pros do it before and thought it couldn't hurt... It definitely didn't. God works in mysterious ways. We wonder if the guys will begin praying and seeking the Lord more often now?! That night we celebrated Paul's victory by seeing the movie Narnia and picking up dinner from Outback. Narnia was great! We both really enjoyed it. We took advantage of Outback's curbside pick up afterwards and ate a late dinner at home. It was so nice to be out with Paul for this type of laid back night out. I hope we can do it again soon!
Then, on Sunday one of my favorite shows started up again--24. It was on for 2 hours Sunday and Monday nights and each minute kept me on the edge of my seat. With the exception of my mom, my entire family is totally addicted to this show. Anyone else into 24?
Monday we were busy in the morning touring a few different day care centers. We liked two of them quite a bit, but I don't even think we're close to making a decision yet. I just hate the fact that I can't be the one to continue caring for her throughout the day. I don't know how we can leave the most precious person in our lives with people we hardly know. This is so much harder to come to terms with than I ever imagined. Being a stay at home mom is a full time job--why can't I be paid for that?!
1.17.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations to Paul and his team! Hopefully, the boys will realize that praying can be powerful and not only at basketball games!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you liked Narnia since I know you weren't too thrilled to go see it. I heard it was really good!
24 is one of my favorites too, but I have to watch it on DVD and in large chunks of time. It makes me remember what is going on - ha! I am getting ready to borrow the fourth season of 24 this weekend and be a big couch potato - well, as much as I can be! I have DVR'd this fifth season so far so I am hoping I don't have to wait a year to see it.
I can't imagine how hard your day care decision will be. I have faith that something will work out and you will find a fabulous place for her to go.