4.01.2008
Becoming Babywise...again
I think that I've been much more laid back the second time around. It's been nice not feeling stressed out about the things that I did with Delaney. Lately I've been thinking about the fact that Delaney started sleeping through the night pretty young. So I looked back at her first year calendar and sure enough she did. She gave me the amazing gift of sleep at 12 weeks. Makenna will be 12 weeks old in a few days and doesn't seem close to sleeping for an 8 hour stretch. So, I decided to turn to the bible of baby information- Babywise. In my opinion, this is the best book. I read it when Delaney was about 2 months old and after following the philosophy and routines for a few weeks it totally worked. Although it worked, though, the structured routine completely stressed me out. So, with much hesitation, I revisited this book today. And I did the Babywise schedule all day. Tonight I hope to try and resist running to Makenna when her "alarm clock" goes off and I'm going to wait a few minutes to see if she falls back asleep instead of feeding her right away. It'll take a few days to get her off her old pattern of nighttime wakings and I am ready for it. I think. I had to give myself a pep talk. Thanks for listening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hope you get a restful night!
ReplyDeleteThat picture is totally sweet!
Yea, I so glad to see that Makenna likes her swaddle blanket. Carson still likes to be swaddles in his- we had to buy the next larger size and he no longer likes his arms in so we leave them out, but we couldn't live without the swaddle blanket! Jenny.
ReplyDelete