2.04.2008

Prayers please

I am writing this from Makenna's hospital room at the Cleveland Clinic. She has RSV and is being monitored very closely. Most likely she picked up this nasty virus from Delaney, though it didn't affect her big sister quite as much. We had to go to the ER in the middle of the night because Makenna was having a lot of trouble breathing after her coughing episodes. I would do anything to take the discomfort away from her. She is just so little and helpless. Thankfully we're in the right place and she's in great hands. They seem to think that today and tomorrow will be the peak days of this virus, so they will continue to suction her nose very frequently to keep all the gunk from going down into her already irritated lungs. We're so happy that she's eating and sleeping pretty well, so now we just have to wait for her to show some improvement with her rattling and congestion. We would appreciate any prayers that you could send her way. I am thinking that life with two healthy kids will be much easier than it's been with two sick kiddos.

5 comments:

  1. We're here for you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sanjay and I will be praying for you. We will also make a request for you in our marriage group prayers. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:36 AM

    I am hoping by now, she's doing much better and about ready to come home! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and Paul ok. Take care of yourself, k?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:21 PM

    You are in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I am so sorry to just now be getting to this post. I am sure this was scary and I am happy to hear she is doing much better!

    ReplyDelete