2.25.2008

Sometimes I hate thinking of titles

I seriously can't believe that March is here. Where in the world did February go? Caring for a little one sure makes time fly by. I'm not even going to lie, having two kids is hard work!!! There is never a dull moment or a moment for myself. It seems like when they are both sleeping it's at night, like now, and I should probably be sleeping too since I'm up with Makenna so much during the night. As much as I love to sleep, I also like having some time to spend with Paul and for myself too. And I really miss my friends! I feel so alienated from you guys and I miss you oodles:)

Our scheduled nights for doing non-TV related things are going well. I've been reading a book that's been on my nightstand for a long time now. It's called For Women Only: What you need to know aobut the inner lives of men. I really think it's interesting so far. After that I'd like to finally finish The Power of a Praying Wife. I've also decided that I'm going to pick a night each week to work on my scrapbooks. As much as I love scrapping, by the time night rolls around I'm never feeling creative. Hopefully planning on doing it all day long will motivate me to get going. I have oodles of pictures of Makenna and I need to start on her album. I don't want her to get shafted just because she's the second child.

My mom, the girls, and I went to Michigan last week for a few days to visit Dave, Sandi, and Chase. It is so nice being out of work so that we had the flexibility to do a long weekend like we did. For the most part we chased after the kids much of the day, but it was fun to do it together. I even took a few naps:)

The highlight of the trip was our trip to the spa to get pedicures in celebratrion of my mom's upcoming 60th birthday. My brother was an absolute saint when he volunteered to stay home with all three kids while we went to have some relaxation. Not only did we have a terrific time away, but we came home with beautiful tootsies too:) Sandi and I also came home with the dream of opening up a salon one day just like the one we were at, but that's another post.

And some pics for your viewing pleasure...
Ain't she perty?!

This is what Delaney did when I told her to put her arm around her cousin:)

I think most of her weight is in her cheeks.

My dad loves his girls:) He calls Makenna "Emme" because her initials are ME.


Peace out

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:59 PM

    it is the hardest work, isn't it? but the best too :) love all the pics! makenna is looking so different already!

    ReplyDelete