2.17.2008

Road Trip

We had our first road trip today as a family of four. It went way too well and has tricked us into thinking that we can/should do this more often. We met up with Paul's mom for lunch to celebrate her birthday in an area that is about 2 hours away. Makenna slept the whole way there, slept through our entire lunch, fed her, then Makenna, Delaney, and I slept for practically the entire ride home. Saying we were pleasantly surprised by how well our day went is an understatement. Hooray for us!

These days I'm trying to figure out what's bothering Makenna's little belly. Something I'm eating is REALLY upsetting her. I have been trying to avoid having too much dairy but the other day I felt like I was getting osteoporosis and frantically downed a huge glass of milk. It tasted so yummy but the next day Makadoo was an angry little lady. Uggh! We'll see what the peditrician says on Tuesday at our one month check-up. One month already--how is this possible?!

Great news to end with-- she slept 5 1/2 hours straight last night! This is the longest stretch yet, by far. Too bad it was from 9 PM to 2:30 AM. We're well on our way:)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great day! I'm so glad to hear it. I'll see you soon. I missed you guys yesterday at church. Rylie woke up super early and needed to nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your little family is doing fabulous! I hope it's an easy fix to find out what is causing your little one's belly to hurt.

    ReplyDelete